Okay, so I may or may not have asked a male author *clears throat* if he was a cover model at the co...
New release in paranormal romance books: What's Hot and On Top presents... Magnificence by M...
What are Deep-Sea Corals? "Deep-sea corals are members of the Class of animals called Anthozoa, whic...
This is the week....District 12 makes it's mark in "The Hunger Games." Opening Friday, March 23, 2...
If you have been to the What's Hot & On Top site recently you will notice some of theeviantART-i...
Perfect for the cool weather of November, here are some HOT new romance book releases for this Month...
RT Booklovers Convention 2014 Highlights
Magnificence; A Gwarda Warrior Novel
Deep Sea Coral: Beauty and the BP Beast- Less than Expected
Let the GAMES Begin
Hot New Romance Book Releases For November
With the official summertime coming upon us it helps to be prepared with some fresh and new recipes. We love bbq at our house and many others do to. Here are just a few of some great recipes:
California Grilled Veggie Sandwich
by Heather J. - Allrecipes
1/4 Cup Mayo
3 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 cup Olive Oil
1 cup sliced red bell peppers
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
2 (4-x6-inch) focaccia bread pieces, split horizontally
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Preheat the grill for high heat.
Brush vegetables with olive oil on each side. Brush grate with oil. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes. The peppers may take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.
Spread some of the mayonnaise mixture on the cut sides of the bread, and sprinkle each one with feta cheese. Place on the grill cheese side up, and cover with lid for 2 to 3 minutes. This will warm the bread, and slightly melt the cheese. Watch carefully so the bottoms don't burn. Remove from grill, and layer with the vegetables. Enjoy as open faced grilled sandwiches.
Memphis Pork and Coleslaw Sandwiches - Myrecipes.com
Click on the Read More link for the next recipe
- 8 hickory wood chunks (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 (5-pound) bone-in pork shoulder (Boston butt)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 2 cups water
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion $
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise $
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar $
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped green cabbage
- Remaining ingredients:
- 13 hamburger buns $
- 1 2/3 cups Memphis Barbecue Sauce
- To prepare pork, soak wood chunks in water about 16 hours; drain.
- Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients (through dry mustard); reserve 1 tablespoon paprika mixture. Rub half of remaining paprika mixture onto pork. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pork from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Rub remaining half of paprika mixture onto pork.
- Combine reserved 1 tablespoon paprika mixture, 1/3 cup vinegar, Worcestershire, oil, and beer in a small saucepan; cook over low heat 5 minutes or until warm.
- Remove grill rack; set aside. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium-low and leaving one side with no heat. Maintain temperature at 225°. Pierce bottom of a disposable aluminum foil pan several times with the tip of a knife. Place pan on heated side of grill; add half of wood chunks to pan. Place another disposable aluminum foil pan (do not pierce pan) on unheated side of grill. Pour 2 cups water in pan. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place grill rack on grill.
- Place pork on grill rack over foil pan on unheated side. Close lid; cook 4 1/2 hours or until a thermometer registers 170°, gently brushing pork with beer mixture every hour (avoid brushing off sugar mixture). Add additional wood chunks halfway during cooking time. Discard any remaining beer mixture.
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Remove pork from grill. Wrap pork in several layers of aluminum foil, and place in a baking pan. Bake at 250° for 2 hours or until a thermometer registers 195°. Remove from oven. Let stand, still wrapped, 1 hour or until pork easily pulls apart. Unwrap pork; trim and discard fat. Shred pork with 2 forks.
- While pork bakes, prepare slaw. Combine onion and next 5 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt) in a large bowl. Add cabbage, and toss to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours before serving. Serve pork and slaw on buns with Memphis Barbecue Sauce.